My client is one of the leading specialist care providers in the UK, providing treatment in the areas of Mental Health and Addictions, Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) and Learning Disabilities. They have gained a reputation for innovation and creating the right treatment solutions for patients / residents with particularly challenging and complex needs. Their philosophy is to ensure that every individual admitted to our services has the potential to enhance their prospects for a more fulfilling life.
To supervise and lead in patient care and to plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans with staff involved in care delivery.
- Identify care needs of patients, planning and implementing nursing interventions and evaluating outcome of care given.
- Participating in clinical reviews, nursing reviews ensuring accurate feedback on patient care.
- Communicating information on patient care to consultant and staff psychiatrist accurately.
- Administering drugs and checking/ preparations in accordance with policy and procedures manual.
- Ensure basic nursing procedures are completed as required, TPRs, BPs, weights, blood investigations and that other tests are ordered when required.
- Be able to admit and take a comprehensive history from patients and complete a nursing assessment.
- To act as key-worker to allocated patients and understand key-worker responsibilities.
- Ensure time is spent with each patient on a regular basis.
- To have patients’ safety as a priority.
- Supervising patients’ meals to ensure adequate dietary intake.
- To have a good knowledge of 1983 Mental Health Act.
- Activities, when requested by qualified nurses.
- Report and record incident and accidents in accordance with policy and procedures manual and document same.
- Assist in induction development and supervision of, new and junior staff members, as required.
- Adhere to hospital operational policies and clinical procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate procedures to new and junior members of staff.
- Co-operate with Support services in meeting patients’ needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in matters relating to patients and staff.
- Ensure fire safety procedures are followed and safe evacuation is completed where necessary.
- To supervise nursing assistants as required
- Be required to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the multi-disciplinary care team and senior professional and managerial staff.
- Conform at all times to the Policies and Procedures of the Company, with particular regard to confidentiality, financial and administrative responsibilities, and treat patients, colleagues and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Practice the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and take responsibility for ensuring that work is undertaken in such a manner as to ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others. This should be done by ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with instructions and training received, and by reporting any area posing a potential health and safety concern.
- Maintain and support all quality initiatives and objectives introduced into the organisation.
- Have access to a wide range of confidential information about patients and staff which must not be divulged to any unauthorised person in any circumstances at any time.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- At all times, treat everyone with dignity and respect, valuing and respecting patients and staff as individuals and be committed to equality of opportunity for all, embracing diversity.
- Undertake any other appropriate roles and responsibilities as requested and required.