A purpose built care home in St Albans with a unique and revolutionary ethos. Family-owned and family-run, they have a passion for care and believe that all their residents deserve the best of everything.
They have high standards within their care home and home care services, both being rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission.
As a Hospitality Team Member, you will be responsible for serving and delivering food and beverages in all areas of the home efficiently and in a courteous manner.
- Taking orders for room service and delivering food/drinks to residents’ rooms.
- Basic preparation of breakfast items (cereal, tea, coffee toast etc)
- Ensuring that food and drink orders are delivered in a timely manner (in accordance to homes policies)
- Checking with residents and guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Presenting menus to residents and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Removing dishes and glasses from bedrooms, tables or counters, and taking them to dish wash area
- Serving food and/or beverages to residents in the coffee shop.
- Maintaining clean and well stocked service trolleys
- Stocking service areas with supplies such as coffee, food and tableware.
- Helping in the dining room if required
The job runs on a 2 week rota- On week 1 you work Monday, Thursday and Friday. On week 2 you work Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Previous experience in hospitality is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided for the successful candidates.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older