A family owned and operated independent care home for the elderly and although being one of the largest in South Buckinghamshire, they only have the one care home, to ensure the family feel continues.
The success of the care home is down to their most important asset, their team of dedicated staff, many of whom have been with them since joining when they welcomed their first resident, back in June 1990.
They have recently invested in a computerised paperless system to give their Care & Senior Care Assistants more time to focus on their residents.
All Care & Senior Care Assistants will have a mobile point of care device dedicated to them. The Care App gives the Care & Senior Care Assistants everything they need to know about residents at the point of care.
Rather than having care plans, assessment, important charts and reports out of sight in paper folders or locked in offices, the Care App gives the Care & Senior Care Assistants all the information they need at their fingertips to provide safe, and person-centered care, in real time. This allows the team more quality time to spend with the residents.
Care & Senior Care Assistant team responsibilities are: –
- Actively empowering residents to gain and maintain independence over all aspects of their lives.
- Supporting clients with personal care as detailed in their care plan ensuring they are treated as individuals with dignity and respect always.
- Accurately updating records reporting any concerns regarding client welfare.
- Recording all daily and activities report and record any change/s in the resident’s status/health.
- Complete personal centered personal care tasks according to individual care plans.
- Support individuals with nutritional and dietary needs according to individual care plans.
- Attend in house/external training courses as arranged.
- Respond to the Nurse Call system.
- Previous experience in caring
- To work flexibly according to the needs of the service including weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
- A willingness to undertake relevant training to maintain and improve knowledge and skills and contribute to the learning and development of others.
- Share the values of the company, including Diversity, and have an empathetic attitude in their work.
- To have good communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and use initiative.
In return you will be offered:-
- Good rates of pay – including enhancement for the weekends and bank holiday double pay.
- Staff pension scheme
- 28 Days holiday.
- A meal from their excellent kitchen (if you work 7 hours or more)
- Paid Breaks
- Subsidised Staff Social Club (outings etc.)
- Pleasant and friendly working atmosphere.
- Uniform and training and shoe vouchers.
- Bespoke induction programme, they actively encourage all staff to gain qualifications as part of your professional development.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- The support of their Room Service & Domestic department, thus giving you more quality time with the residents.