A purpose built care home in St Albans with a unique and revolutionary ethos. Family-owned and family-run, they have a passion for care and believe that all their residents deserve the best of everything.
They have high standards within their care home and home care services, both being rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission.
My client is looking for an outstanding person to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a fantastic attitude to care work
- be able to multi task
- have a friendly personality
- be approachable
- be safety conscious
- hard working
- good listener
- have a good eye for attention to detail
You will work with all types of people receiving direct care. Your duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the people but can include:
- Ensuring the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting residents, when required, with washing, dressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assisting residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Providing attention when needed, whilst ensuring the residents retain their comfort and dignity.
- Paying particular attention to assisting people who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Assisting in the delivery of care for people who are dying or who have a progressive illness.
- Observing care planning needs for people and completing daily records as instructed and in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting in framework of social activities by interacting with people and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the home.
- Answering nurse call system and giving assistance as required.
They encourage personal development and career progression and will provide all the necessary training to ensure that you are able to carry out your duties, including training to NVQ Level 3.
Subject to satisfactory DBS check and reference checks